Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hurry up and wait

It's that time of every pregnancy...hurry up and wait.  I'm at the point where I'm pretty uncomfortable but it is not quite time to have the baby yet.  Right now, I am 35 weeks along and my body is telling me that it is tired of growing another human.  My brain knows otherwise...it's not time yet and these last few weeks are important. 

I really should be thankful for these last few weeks with no breastfeeding, sleeping through the night, and evenings all to myself.  It is just so hard not to want the pregnancy to be over.

On the other hand, the doubt has set in.  Did we make the right decision to have another baby so soon?  Can I take care of a toddler and a newborn at the same time?  Will I be able to give Harper enough attention and love during the day?  Do I have enough energy to take this on?

I guess I'll figure it out.  With no family close by and no friends, it can be very overwhelming at times.  But, women have been doing this for a long time, so I guess I'll fall in line and get it together one way or the other.

Wish me luck!!
WE

No comments:

Post a Comment