Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Real Beach - Perdido Key

Today we made it out to the real beach, and by that I mean the gulf coast.  Powder white sands and crystal clear water; that is what I'm talking about.  We didn't stay for very long this evening...just wanted to get a feel for the area and see what there was to see.  I am impressed.  It is like an underdeveloped Destin.  There were some nice high rise condos, a few local seafood dives (can't wait to check those out!) and some regular folks on the beach enjoying their vacations.

VA Beach was nice, but this is much more my style.  There were quite a few public beach access points, which I'm sure are full during the day, but I think we will be able to hit the beach when we want to for the rest of the summer.  Even if it is only going in the evenings after Tommy gets home from work, I'll be happy.  It took us less than thirty minutes to get there, mostly slowed by out of town traffic and vacationers looking around.  

It was really nice to get out of the house today.  We've been out and about, but nowhere really fun.  We are going back tomorrow and hopefully I'll take some pictures.

Love and miss you from vacation land...
WE

No comments:

Post a Comment