Sunday, October 28, 2012

Essie Beyond Cozy Review

Hi Everyone:

I'm doing just a polish review today.  I just took off my Essie Beyond Cozy, and believe me, it was not cozy.

The color of the glitter is a very pretty silvery gold and leans more silver than gold on the nail.  I'm not too much of a golden gal so I was happy with the color of the polish.  That was where the fun stopped though.

Like I said before, I really liked the color.  The formula was the issue.






















Unfortunately, the polish dried gritty and needed two coats of top coat to be tolerable.  Also, the polish made the ends of my nails scratchy with the glitters which is not very kid friendly.

I suppose if you do not have small children (or a live in nanny), this polish might be more for you.  I did two coats, but needed another for total opacity.  I barely pulled off the two coats of top coat.  It probably could have done another coat of that too.




I hope that you have better luck than me with this polish!!  I'm going to try some UGA/Halloween nails next.  Happy Sunday!










2 comments:

  1. I've been debating buying this, but I'm afraid I might have a few things very similar. I can share in the pain of rough glitter, but the sparkle is so pretty I can't stay away! I've heard Gelous (Sally Beauty) really cuts down on the texture so I might have to give it a shot.

    www.findingthegrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Gelous but don't use it that much. I'll try it over this next time. Thanks for the tip and actually reading my post! You are the first person to comment besides my mom :)

      Delete