Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Things In My Head

Good Evening Loyal Readers:

We have finally moved to New Bern, NC and we are almost all unpacked.  There are probably only 5 or so boxes left.  We purged a ton last July when we unpacked in Pensacola and there was not much to throw away here.

So far I'm really happy.  Our house is fabulous and we finally feel like we can spread out and live.  Our neighborhood has large wooded lots with nice wide streets for walking the dogs.  Harper has already been out to play in the yard and on the driveway.  I really took these luxuries for granted before we lived in the roach motel.  Now I'm trying to appreciate every little morsel.

Speaking of appreciation, I am at a point in my life where I feel that things are going so well that I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I am trying to be present in each moment, because I feel that it will not last.  I'm trying to be more careful, even while driving.  I think I can only describe my feelings as wanting to be around for my children as they grow.  Sickness and accidents and other morbid thoughts have been weighing on my mind and I just want to be healthy and alive for my kids.  Maybe it is that time of the month, but I'm aware of my need to raise them, much more than I ever have before.

On a lighter note, Harper started preschool two days a week at a local church.  She is so sweet.  She didn't even cry.  But, the first day could have been such a whirlwind that she really didn't know what was going on.  So we will see how tomorrow goes.

Have a nice night and Happy Valentine's Day!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment