Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Update

So I'm just going to quit acting like I visit and write often, because it is quite apparent that I don't.  Not too much is going on around here, just the same ol' same ol'.

Mason:
She turned 9 months old last week and got her ears pierced.  Yesterday I felt her first tooth cutting through.  I hate when they get teeth...not because of the pain an suffering they go though, but the teeth never go away, and then they are big, not babies anymore.  I'm a sucker for a toothless grin.  She is also doing the worm/belly flop crawl.  It is working for her and she is getting around the house with no problems.  I'm ready for her to start crawling on her knees though as she gets quite covered in dog hair. Which, I know, is nasty.  I'm running the stick vac once or twice a day to try and keep it somewhat clean.

Harper:
What can I say about Priss Pot?  She is 2 years old and wonderful at it.  Tantrums, shouting orders, making demands...I think she would win an Oscar for her perfect performance of a two year old child.  We are doing much better now that she has adapted to Mason being around and she sometimes asks for things instead of demanding it first.  Being a good parent is hard...it is much easier to let her have her way than make her ask nicely or demonstrate good behavior before getting the reward.
She really likes to sing.  Her current favorites are Baby Mine, Theme from Teletubbies, Old MacDonald, BINGO, Twinkle Twinkle, and to top it off, the Theme from Barney the Purple Dinosaur.  It sure is a treat to get to sing all of those songs with her each night before bed.  After the shootings in New Town, I made a promise to myself to try and cherish more moments with her.  So we starting singing Twinkle Twinkle and now we have to sing at least one line from all of the aforementioned songs or else she cannot go to sleep.  I do love her so.  

Me and Tommy:
We had a small scare that Tommy was going to deploy a few weeks ago but have not had any followup.  So we are just waiting for the final word.  I've put it behind me and will face it if I have to when I have to.  I know that it will happen sooner or later and I'll deal with it then.  We are really enjoying our house.  We have plenty of room and the yard and porches are nice for spending time on.  We need some outdoor furniture for the back porch.  The front porch has a swing and we put Harper's water table and Mason's baby swing out there.  It is in the shade mostly all day and relaxing even when I'm out there with the kids.  

Hopefully this round of pinkeye that we have all caught will go away soon and we can get back to our regular routine.  Hopefully I'll be back around sooner than 4 months!
WE

No comments:

Post a Comment