Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Surrey with the Fringe On Top

Hi Everyone:


So in my last post I was talking about some boots that I have been coveting for a long time.  Much to my dismay, I tried them on and they just didn't cut the mustard.  But then these came into my life:









You can get your pair here and we can be matchy matchy.  They are Luccese Women's Café Glitter Carthage Lazer Design with Cream Inlays Boot.  I just love them.  If I were rich, or awesome like Pioneer Woman, I would give a pair away to somebody that leaves a comment below.  But I'm neither of those things, so I'll just wear my own and hope that you get a pair too.

Just in case you are not familiar with how your cowboy boots should fit:
  1. They should feel like a firm handshake across the top of the foot
  2. You should have some heal slip when you walk.  I know this sounds strange, but its the cowboy boot way.
  3. If they are too snug but the next size up is too big, ask your seller to stretch them for you.  Your local tack store can do this too. 
Then you wear them, wear them, wear them.  Your new boots will be broken in and you will be the most stylin' person on your block.  Rest assured, you will not look like a redneck in these boots!

On another note, what production is "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" from?

Give up?  It's from OKLAHOMA!  It also made an appearance in one of my fvorite movies, "When Harry Met Sally."  Check out the clip here.

I love that link bar...it is so cool!

Finally, I can type like a regular person now.  I've been chicken pecking while holding baby Mason Jar.

So, back to the title of this post.  I'm talking about the big O State because Tommy might be stationed there at Tinker AFB.  Then maybe I could meet the Pioneer Woman and we could be BFFs.   I doubt that.  But, Tinker and Eglin AFB (in Destin, FL) are our top two choices from the preliminary list that we were given a few days ago. 

I'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Good luck with your boots!
Love,
PW Wannabe


No comments:

Post a Comment