Thursday, January 26, 2012

Atlanta or BUST!

I don't really know what this saying means, but in my situation, our trip to Atlanta was a bust.  The stomach flu visited our home the Sunday before we were to depart for Atlanta on Wednesday.  At first Harper was a little under the weather...some vomiting and loose stool, but nothing major.  Then I got the stomach flu.  As usual, I ended up in the emergency room in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.  Tommy, the baby, and I were holed up in a private room (thank god) and my IVs were running wide open. 

Long story short...we made our flight on Wednesday and proceeded to get everyone, I mean everyone, sick.  My mom, step-dad, 2 brothers, dad, step-mom, step-sister, and niece all got the stomach flu.  Not to mention that Harper, my dad, and I spent our last day in GA at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital because Harper just could not stop have diarrhea or vomiting.  It was possibly the best trip that I've ever taken.

I hope that the stomach flu avoids your household this time around and that you can all enjoy foods besides bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.  Good luck to ya!

This is Harper passed out at the ER in her cute little hospital gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment