Friday, December 23, 2011

It's so cliche...

I know this is a total cliche, but I can't believe its almost Christmas!!!!  I am done with my shopping, but I always feel that I am not giving enough or not giving just the right gift.  But now it is too late, almost, so I'll just move forward with what I've bought so far and hope that the recipients are happy with the thought. 

Harper and I are hanging in tonight, as we have had a busy week with two special house guests.  Earlier this week, my best friend from childhood, Katherine, flew up from Atlanta to visit with us.  We had a great time showing her around the Tidewater area and getting her some new clothes!!  We shopped 'til we dropped.  She went home looking like a new woman...and she needed it (no offense to her of course).

My mother-in-law also came to spend a couple of days with us before Christmas.  We went out to the Melting Pot for her impending retirement at the end of this year and ran some errands.  It is always much easier to shop and run around town with a helper!

Necia was very generous this year and we had a great Christmas this year.  Harper got a homemade "monster".  This thing must be 3.5 feet long.  Necia is such a talented seamstress.

This thing is so adorable, and Harper has already give him some love by snotting all over his pretty purple fur.



I got my very first sewing machine and some valuable lessons from the master herself.  I hope to make a baby blanket for my first project.  Below is the proper way for it to be threaded, just like an N for Necia ;)
Its an Elna, which is much nicer than the Singer that I was using before.
















Here are some shots of my Martha Stewart-esque decorating style.





Here are the designer stockings, all hung with care.













The holiday bakers rack, very festive I know.




Try not to be too jealous that this is not your Christmas tree.  We tried very hard to get it to tilt to the right just so.  





You can't go wrong with Rudolph and Clarice.  I found these today at Walgreen's for $7.00 a piece!












Thanks for visiting my humble blog and I hope that you have a Happy Merry Chrismihaunukwanzika!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that tree...much better than ours. I am jealous. I am missing you darling daughter and I love you so much. We will talk later tonight.

    ReplyDelete